When you decide to sell a home with Laura, YOUR experience matters. This process is all about YOU and although Laura is there to navigate you through it the entire time, it is YOU who are in the driver's seat. Below is Laura's process, but nothing is set in stone and anything that doesn't feel right can be modified or changed to suit your specific situation. Laura offers various service packages to suit your budget and your needs.
- First Contact: this may be a phone call, email, zoom chat or an in person connection
- Initial Meeting: this is to determine if you and Laura wish to work together. If it's not a good match, Laura can refer another colleague who might be
- If you both decide to work together, you will sign an Exclusive Listing Contract to get the ball rolling. This document allows Laura to advise you, put the 'Coming Soon' sign up when you get to that stage, and start marketing your home while it is being prepared for MLS
- Laura will ask you to complete some "get to know you" questionnaires, so she has a clear understanding of your expectations as well as some fun info that will help her make your experience even better.
- Getting Started Guide: this is a booklet (printed or digital) that clarifies some of the details of your home like: exclusions, inclusions, recent improvements, upgrades, repairs, hidden features, etc.
- Laura will ask you about your expectations, discuss service packages that best suit YOUR objectives and budget. Laura will outline her preferred process of listing and marketing your home for sale, however, this sale is about YOU and the processes must align to your unique situation.
- Laura will then explain all paperwork you will be signing before, on Offer Day and after the sale. There can be many offers on the table and the process can move quickly. Knowing what you are signing beforehand will allow you to focus on the details of each offer when the time comes. Laura can explain them and answer any questions that you have.
Preparation Phase - The preparation phase is dependant on your service package and what elements of your listing need to be coordinated.
Staging Consultation, at a time convenient for you, will include:
- If selected, Laura will book your services to align with your proposed MLS launch date. Services may include: Cleaner, Window Cleaner, Stager, Painting, Repairs, Home Inspector, Landscaping, etc.
- Meet with Laura and the Stager to discuss the process
- Stager recommends what furniture to remove, store or change
- Stager recommends optimal paint colours (if necessary) to coordinate with existing decor and proposed staging items.
- After discussing design objectives with the Stager, Laura will send you a Custom Listing Plan with suggestions and dates of applicable services:
- Pack, Purge, Repair & Prepare
- Scheduled Listing Launch Date
- Scheduled Exterior Photography & Drone. Drone is only permitted in approved fly zones. No-fly zones will receive aerial photos only.
- Scheduled Staging Day (if applicable)
- Scheduled Cleaning (if applicable)
- Scheduled Window Washing (if applicable)
- Scheduled Interior Photography
- Scheduled Home Inspector (if applicable)
- Exterior Photo Day
- Coming Soon sign goes up
- Lock Box goes on
- Paid, Targeted Ads begin
- Pre-List Home Inspection Day (if applicable)
- Cleaning & Window Washing (if applicable)
- Staging Day (if applicable)
- Interior Photography & Video Day (Video included in some packages)
- Sign MLS Listing, Data Sheet, Disclosures, Directions, and Schedule(s)
- Listing Launch Day: this is the day that Buyers and their agents are able to book showings and begin coming to look at your home during their scheduled, confirmed showing appointments.
- Showing Period: If holding offers, the duration between launch date and offer date is usually between 5-10 days. It is much less stressful if you can arrange to not be home during the showing phase. Perhaps your are out of the house all day and showings are restricted to that timeframe, however, it is advised to be as flexible as possible in allowing showings, as you never know what time the highest bidder will need to see the home. If you can be away for the entire showing phase, this is the least stressful on most people.
- Offer Day: occurs on a specific pre-selected day, if holding of offers, is determined with signed direction. If no direction is given, offers can be anytime but you have the sold option to accept or decline any offer.
- Review all offers
- Accept Offer that has best price and terms from qualified buyer
- Buyer delivers deposit to Sutton Group - Heritage Realty Inc., Brokerage Trust Account within 24 hours of accepting an offer, whether firm or conditional
- If Conditional Buyer will provide a Notice of Fulfillment, prior to condition expiry, to satisfy conditions and the deal is then FIRM
- SOLD sign goes up +
- Photo of YOU in front of the sign for the memory book